Thursday, December 22, 2011

Welcome to France... Belgium... Germany... Germany... Germany

The two days I was in Germany were "internet off" days to save my Vodafone credit. My lovely hosts lent me a netbook for internet (how nice!), so my phone became an alarm clock for a while.

Walking around central Muenster, I kept switching from one network to another, and every time this happened, Vodafone sent me another "welcome to Germany" SMS. When it came time to turn my internet back on this morning, I had to restart the phone before it would get signal; maybe a side effect of all that network switching?

While travelling on European trains I've found the GPS invaluable for knowing when to get off. As mine is invariably the biggest bag on the luggage rack, it helps a lot to be out in the corridor with it some time before the station announcement gets everyone else to their feet, and I couldn't do that without the GPS telling me that the Hauptbahnhof is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment