Thursday, December 22, 2011

My little research buddy

Apart from keeping in touch with people, the main use of my phone this trip has been to research activities. Without it, I wouldn't have known the Tates were open late Fridays, or that the London Eye was indeed still running at the time I suddenly had the thought of going on it. Wouldn't have known how to get to Greenwich. Wouldn't have known how much cash to put on my Oyster to cover the last few trips after my weekly pass expired. Definitely wouldn't have been able to buy at such short notice the plane ticket that's about to get me out of strike-ravaged Belgium, where the Eurostar is not running. It's so handy to have all this stuff literally at my fingertips, so I can look up another activity while travelling to the next one.

2 comments:

  1. If it helps, I believe you can get any leftover credit on your Oyster card refunded along with your deposit by returning it to a ticket office when you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would, but it wasn't mine to begin with, and I'm happy for the next one of my colleagues travelling to London to use the few pounds that remain.

    ReplyDelete