Thursday, November 24, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

In 12 hours I'll be in the air.

Before that, the Desire will need to be set up for 30 hours of limited power and internet. To save battery, turn off all networks, screen animations and notifications. To save data, turn off background data, auto-sync, and the mobile network connection itself. And then put it into flight mode, of course. For reading books on the plane.

Blogging over the next month will probably be frequent and irregular - whenever anything happens to make me feel that travelling with one gadget was a particularly good or bad idea.

As a final thought, here are some of the things I'm not taking because (I can't be bothered, and) the Desire has the same functionality:
Laptop
Tablet
Camera
Game console
iPod
Watch
Books (except a Lonely Planet)
Maps (well... just the ones in the Lonely Planet)
Lots of currency (the necessary transfers to supplement what I've got can all be done online)

No comments:

Post a Comment