Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I hate that I love my iPod

An iPod is such a selfish luxury. It lets you shut out the world and recede into your own superior little universe where your own needs are paramount. No one can get to you - not to exchange a friendly word, not to ask you for help, certainly not to inflict their filthy opinions on you. It's particularly useful on public transport.

I'll be spending an uncommon amount of time on various types of transport over the next month.

The Desire can play music, of course. But using it as an iPod will totally destroy its battery life, which, as I've mentioned before, is already not great. Taking an actual iPod isn't really an option - my Shuffle won't charge on my phone's charger, despite the USB interface, and with no laptop there'd be no other way to charge it. (Buying an Apple USB-to-wall charger just for this trip would definitely violate the Just One Gadget thing. It's meant to be all about minimalist packing.)

I guess I'll just put a few tunes on the Desire and try not to play them too much. But I feel I should really be able to do without my sad little music habit for one month. This is such a first world problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment